Canby Independence Day Celebration, formerly General Canby Day, will be held on Monday, July 4th, 2016 in downtown Canby. The event is now coordinated by the City of Canby’s Main Street Program with support from community volunteers.
The event you have loved for years just keeps getting better. Here are the highlights our new leadership team has in store:
- We have a new logo – see above. One of our talented local artists created it to capture the unique flavor of this popular event. At its core is Wait Park, music, fun and authentic, small town, family friendly celebration.
- We have a new name: The Canby Independence Day Celebration. Although General Canby is the inspiration for our town’s name, few outside the community understand that connection. This event attracts visitors from the region and beyond. The new name more accurately captures the spirit of event and sends a clear message about what makes it special, a celebration for the nation’s independence!
- In an effort to be more family friendly the parade will start at 9:30am. This earlier time will help address challenges with the heat that has plagued the event in years past.
- We have a new and improved parade route to showcase NW 1st Avenue.
- New events we are featuring this year include a larger kid’s events zone, arcade truck for teens, a local beer garden and more.
We hope that you include the Independence Day Celebration and Canby in your Independence Day plans! Better yet, bring your family and friends. You will be glad you did. We look forward to getting to know you. This year’s event will be a great success!
What’s New For 2016!
Game Truck is like a party in a box! This is an air conditioned game theater loaded with game consoles and an enormous library of games. Your kids will have hours of entertainment and you can enjoy the celebration. Game Truck will be parked on Holly and be available from 930am-5pm.
We are excited to offer a little something for the adults as well this year! Enjoy live musical entertainment from 1130am-6pm and enjoy a cold adult beverage. There will be multiple options on tap as well as wine offerings. The beer garden is located on 2nd Ave. between Grant and Holly St.
Begins at Knight School
Opens at 930am
Art and Crafts Vendors
Many Food Vendors
Begin at Dusk